There are lots of dates that would be fun for any baby boomer. What, you think you’re OLD? Well, that’s all the more reason to get out and enjoy a date! Maybe it’ll make you feel young again.
But really, think back to when you were a teenager and the thought of a date got your heart aflutter and your blood racing! Maybe you look a little different, maybe things have slowed down a bit, but you’re still the same person inside that you always were. Here are ideas for five dates that you and your honey (or potential honey) will both enjoy:
- Go dancing! Put on your dancing shoes, grab your date, and boogey on down to your local night club – the one that caters to all ages – and dance the night away. Maybe rock is your thing or maybe you’re more into country western. It doesn’t matter. It’s all good fun and good exercise too. And what better excuse is there to cozy up to your date? If you wish you could be on “Dancing with the Stars”, sign up for some dance lessons. You can take anything from belly tap to ballroom dancing in legions of dance centers around the country.
- Learn how to cook Mexican (or Middle Eastern, or African): Are you both into cooking? Sign up for some classes together. Not only will you learn something new, but you’ll have fun doing it. And think of the romantic dinners you’ll be able to prepare after the lessons! It doesn’t have to be cooking.
- Have you both always wished you could speak French? Take a language course. Remember getting together for a milkshake and studying? Those days are not over!
- Take a trip together: This can be a romantic two week cruise or a trip to the next town – the one that has that well known museum you’ve both been wishing you could get to. Plan together, chat on the phone, get together for coffee or a glass of wine to discuss the particulars. It’s all about the getting together part, isn’t it?
- Pursue a common hobby: Do you both love off roading, target shooting, dog shows or underwater basket weaving? Do it together! If you don’t have a hobby in common, try something new. It’s never too late to start a new hobby – anything from golf to crossword puzzles.
Dating is all about spending time together doing something fun. Sometimes the old dinner and a movie date is just the thing. But mix it up a little. You’ll be glad you did!